Thailand - Day Nine - Phuket

We ate at Cinnamon, one of the two breakfast places at our resort. Good variety of food and hands down the best apple juice I have ever had, and I'm not normally a fan.

The beach was just over the hill and is considered one of the best in Asia. It was.

There were boobs. Not sure if it was a topless beach, or just this one woman (yes, they were nice), but it was a nice addition. We both applied sunscreen multiple times, but Lisa was going overboard.

The water was perfectly clear, even at six feet deep. Great temperature as well. We spent 200 Baht for recliners with umbrellas and sat, swam and ate for the day. I ordered a burger, no idea what kind of meat or cheese was used, but it was good. Then it was time to surf. We had both done a little in Hawaii on Waikiki Beach. I loved it and felt like I was pretty decent. I caught something like 5.5 out of 7 waves. Here, the waves were much shorter and not as high. But I tried for an hour and felt good about 3 waves.

Then I looked down at my knee (that's a bump five inches below my knee cap). I was planting there every time I got up. Not a great idea.

After a shower we enjoyed the sunset. Lisa had a margarita and me a majito (spelled on the menu, which happened quite a bit during our trip).

Then I finally broke down and went to get a shirt sizing from one of the million suit places. The main reason was Fintan's insistence that I do it after he got a linen suit. Luckily, our guy wasn't too salesy. I picked two patterns, 100 percent cotton, they took my measurements and the shirts would be ready in 24 hours. I left a 1000 Baht deposit for the 2400 total ($80).
Then we hit the Boat House, an high-end restaurant right on the beach. We had a great view and very good meal. Lisa's appetizer was the highlight, my crab cake appetizer was second. The mango and sticky rice was also great.

No comments: