Thailand - Day One

Economy.
It's almost a dirty word.

I don't really fit well in standard economy seats. I will never afford first class and business class can't be in my near future. The exit row is my only hope. It didn't happen for the American Airlines flight from Chicago to Tokyo. Plus, Lisa and I both thought the leg room was less than usual. Her knees almost hit the seat in front.

Somehow I decided food would help comfort...
Before the flight I ate a bowl of cereal.
At the airport I ate McDonald's breakfast chicken sandwich.
1/4 dark meat with mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and corn bread.
On the flight I ate 1/2 of Lisa's sandwich, a chicken dinner, two ham sandwiches, and a pizza dinner. Somehow, this all made sense at the time.

I watched 2 CSI, "Jumper," "The Fugitive" starring the janitor from "Scrubs," two episodes of "The Office," and "Big Bang."

Finally in Japan - huge airport. It really felt like a Godzilla film come to life. Every technology seemed from the 70s and all the workers were in white suits with masks on. There was graffiti in my stall - can anyone translate "Xtend WFD Atick Snatch Teflon WS."

The only thing that can combat economy is the exit row, well that and free alcohol, and haggendaz ice cream and video on demand - yes, All Nippon Airways kicks American's international ass. Easy flight.

We get to our hostel - Suk 11, which has a king bed, air conditioning, a private bath, good location, and a free breakfast. Not bad for $25. The place only looks like it is outside.

No comments: